These are some of my favorite resources for fitness and nutrition information.
- Precision Nutrition – one of the most scientifically robust nutrition programs I’ve found. I am a Precision Nutrition Level 2 Certified Coach.
- Renaissance Periodization – another scientifically rigorous nutrition and fitness program. I have several of their books, and templates for cutting (nutrition) and physique (workouts). If you need fast results for a specific sport, this program is simply amazing.
- PHYSIQONOMICS – unapologetic and humorous (also fact based) posts on all things fitness and nutrition. Must appreciate tough talk. Fantastic “Crash Diet Program” that is 6 weeks long, safe, effective and research based.
- Examine.com – does your supplement work? Reviews the research and efficacy on most supplements touted for health, strength gains, etc.
I am hooked on hot yoga. I started in earnest in January 2011 and have gone 2 – 4 days a week ever since.
- Hot Yoga Tallahassee (I started here; the founder used to dance in Las Vegas. Inspirational.)
- Journeys in Yoga (Tallahassee – one of my favorite teachers here cued almost every pose with “just try to make the shape.” I am forever grateful that my first 18 months were spent simply trying to make the shape.)
- Tula Hot Yoga (Denver) – my current favorite place to train.